- About Us
- Where We Work
- Technical Focus
- Our Approach
In Bangladesh Alive & Thrive (A&T) aims to improve infant and young child feeding practices by reaching 8.5 million households with children under 2 years old through intensive community-based interventions and national media campaigns.
Goal in A&T program areas
- Increase exclusive breastfeeding among infants under six months old by 49% (from 43% to 65%)
- Reduce stunting by 10% (from 43% to 39%) among children under five years old
- Reduce anemia by 10% (from 50% to 45%) among children 6-23 months old
- Policy dialogue to encourage investments in programs to improve infant and young child feeding (IYCF) and implementation of national-level policies
- Partnerships with government and private initiatives to scale up coverage of effective nutrition interventions
- NGO community-based activities including home visits, group sessions, and social mobilization through BRAC’s health network and other existing platforms.
- National multimedia communications campaign with TV and radio spots to generate demand for IYCF services and improved practices and to create a supportive environment
- Access to micronutrient powders through distribution by BRAC’s community volunteers along with education on better use of local foods and appropriate feeding practices
Director: Tina Sanghvi, email@example.com
House #20B, 1st Floor, Road 26, Gulshan 1, Dhaka1212.
Phone: 880-1714-174370 and 880-3772-014997
May, 14, 2013
March, 12, 2013
February, 8, 2013
January, 14, 2013
December, 12, 2012