More than 200 stakeholders from across West Africa learned how the Stronger With Breastmilk Only initiative is supporting health officials to increase rates of exclusive breastfeeding during webinars in French and English in early December.
The webinar presented the regional initiative, including its objectives, tools and resources, and support for national programs. During a question and answer session of the webinar, participants sought more background on the key messages, the initiative’s design, monitoring and evaluation and sustainability. The discussion is summarized here and includes links to a variety of resources and further information.
The webinar also highlighted the initiative’s new WhatsApp group and invited stakeholders to join.
- Anne-Sophie Le Dain, Regional Nutrition Specialist, UNICEF West & Central Africa
- Nathalie Likhite, Regional SBC Advisor, Alive & Thrive, West Africa
- Simeon Nanema, Regional Nutrition Advisor, UNICEF West & Central Africa
- Emilie Buttarelli, C4D Specialist, UNICEF West & Central Africa
- Emily Dierdre Tarisayi Mbanga, Technical Officer, Nutrition & Food Safety in Emergencies, WHO Africa
- Manisha Tharaney, Program Director, Alive & Thrive, West Africa
- Juan Andres Gil, C4D Specialist, UNICEF West & Central Africa
- Adelheid Onyango, Nutrition and Health Expert, WHO Africa